Friday, July 16, 2010

The Wolfman


So, this movie was one hairy whore of a movie. Having recently watched the film, I can tell you this; if you are looking for a movie with no plot, a love story that requires absolutely no development, some really great special effects and about 173 people get their heads ripped off for what seems to be absolutely no reason, this is the movie for you.

I like Benicio Del Toro, but this might be his worst performance yet. I know what you're thinking. You;re thinking, obviously you have forgotten about Excess Baggage. Nope. That movie should have one a fucking Oscar compared to how terrible Benicio is in this particular movie. Del Toro in The Fan is 189% better than he is in this movie.

I like Anthony Hopkins, but this might be one of his shittiest performances. The problem is that we develop absolutely no relationship with Del Toro or any other character in the movie, at the end of the movie you have no idea why his character has done anything that he has ever done and you honestly wish death upon him. Not him the character, him the actor.

I heckled this movie from start to finish, literally. It might as well have no plot whatsoever. I love Emily Blunt but in this particular role, she is a filthy hooker. NO explanation of any of her actions, her motivations, her story. NO explanation of how the love story just seems to be there with absolutely no development using the script.

This movie took a dump on my chest. A serious dump on my chest. It's only saving grace is it's fantastic special effects, and those simply save it from getting the worst rating possible. As it stands, I give this movie a whopping 1/2 Donair. It licks the inside of my asshole after eating a chile pepper dipped in tabasco.

No comments: