Thursday, July 8, 2010

NBA Free Agency


What the fuck do I know about sports? Well, I think I know a lot and with the LeBron James announcement mere hours away, I decided to take a moment out of my busy day to talk to you about what I think.

First off, let me tell you a little bit about my favourite NBA baller, LeBron James. Unless you are talking Kobe, who is a quiff, the only tangible choice for best player in the NBA is King James. He is sickly amazing. He puts together a strong offensive game with a great defensive gift. He is DOMINANT. He can shoot RETARDED threes, block, steal, dribble, run the court, dunk on any one's face and he is entertaining. But he'll never be the man Jordan was.

Here's what makes them different. LeBron really wants his team to put some people around him so that he can win a championship. Jordan never really asked for that. Jordan had Pippen (sucked when he didn't play with Jordan), Rodman (great rebounder, offers nothing else) and a host of 3-point shooters. Toni Kukoc was considered the best player outside the US, and when he came to Chicago, he contributed, but once he and Jordan separated, he was NEVER a superstar. Jordan took what he had around him and built a championship dynasty. Then again, there was the coach.

If you've not read Sacred Hoops by Phil Jackson, you really need to. When reading this you realize, he truly is the greatest coach in the history of basketball. Look at what he's done in Chicago and Los Angeles and argue with that.

If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I'll still have some respect for him, but less than I would have before this all started. If he goes to Miami and doesn't win a championship, he's a bum. If he goes and wins one, who cares? You have a fucking all star team. If you don't win a ship with those guys, you literally suck.

So, when all is said and done, it's lose/lose for LeBron. Win a ship, you needed help. Don't win, you aren't a leader.

Also, Bosh is a shithead.

Go D-Wade.

No comments: