Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Kevin Smith Trifecta


I had the pleasure of seeing something before I think anyone else did. I found An Evening With Kevin Smith before it had become a cult classic. It was fantastic. It was funny and it showed why Kevin Smith makes such great f&%$ing movies. He would obviously play it down as dick and fart jokes, but it's not. It is his witty delivery and his ability to KNOW how funny you are and control it. I then followed it up with Evening Harder, which was... ok, but a little trite. THEN, out of nowhere, well, in fact out of Blockbuster, I found a Threevening. It is good. It is really funny, although I wish there had have been a few more questions and Kevin had kept things a little shorter. I would have liked more stories, but way to go Kevin.

In terms of the 3 films, I will give each a score.
1. 3 Donairs. You will sh@* your pants laughing and it is great.
2. 2 Donairs. You will laugh, but you will also think, wow. Mewes must have needed money for heroin.
3. 2.75 Donairs. It's solid. And it is relevant. And you DON'T have to be a Kevin fan to like this one.

Most people would have gone out and done coke off a hooker's ass for their birthday, but not Kevin Smith. He did this show for us.

No comments: