Friday, August 1, 2008

Step Up 2: the Streets

I am going to rate this film on a scale of 1-10.
Acting:1 It is TRES bad. Like, REALLY bad. It had a great storyline until after the opening credits. Channing Tatum is cool, everyone else is balls.

Beautiful People:8 (the first Step Up was a 10) Apparently every dancer in the world has abs, which is cool, but apparently makes me NOT a dancer. They guy who played Chase, (I am not wasting my time looking him up) had a huge smile on his face all the time, which is SUPER obnoxious.
Dancing:7 (against a 10 in the first movie) It's good. Don't get me wrong. But the super gangster aspect is TERRIBLE. Basically, the concept that this will result in gang violence breaks apart what crews are all about. It does make it look like anyone can dance, but I am guessing I am not included in that.

Music: 9 Great tunes. The Timbaland inspired soundtrack is sick. Everyone should dance to Timba. Latin tunes during BBQ scene were totally hot.

There is some good dancing, but the first one was a lot crisper. I HATE the Jabbawocky's rip off scene at the beginning, but I loves me the sports bras. 
Andie kind of sounds like a man, although it is still surprisingly hot. Which is super awkward and confusing.

Ending: -4. I just wrote this part and the movie is not even over yet. I just know its gonna be terrible. Seriously... I wrote this part 58 minutes into the movie.... and I WAS RIGHT.

Holy Shit - The actual Jabbawockys just showed up... Movie gets an immediate +50 points for the cameo. I am clearly going to start my own dance crew. Who wants in?

Even with the hot people, a great soundtrack and some really solid dancing, this movie is still only 1 1/2 donairs. WAIT... Holy shit....It just started raining, and all the girls are wet.... 1 3/4 donairs. WAIT. She just gave a pre-battle Braveheart-esque speech and then they danced like they were possessed..... 2 donairs. WAIT... I just figured out that this is a giant America's Next Best Dance Crew Commercial.... -50 points....

1 3/4 Donairs.

No comments: